SE13: Regional climate modelling at UGM meeting
We would like to draw your attention to a Special Session that will be held at the upcoming UGM (http://www.ugm.org.mx/raugm/) meeting in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, 30 October – 4 November 2016:
SE13: Regional climate modelling
In the last decade the study of the causes and effects of climate change, almost always supported by the integration of numerical models, has gained a social significance rarely seen in the history of modern science. Regional climate models have become a powerful tool to investigate the physical and dynamical processes of the atmosphere that regulate weather and climate. In recent years, the rapid growth of computational power has increased the potential and scope of such models, applied not only to the calculation of climate projections, but also to the generation of information for decision-makers.
This session will explore topics such as:
- The implementation and validation of regional climate models in various regions of the world.
- The use of regional climate models for the study of extreme hydrometeorological events: floods and droughts / cold and heat waves / tropical cyclones and tornadoes.
- Dynamical downscaling of global climate models for the different global warming scenarios reported in the IPCC Fifth Assessment Report.
- Studies of VIA (vulnerability, impacts and adaptation) to climate change
- Papers in English and Spanish will be received.
Deadline to submit abstracts: 07 August