Domain activities 2023
We plan to produce daily downscaling precipitation, maximum temperature and minimum temperature from 1979-2099 to calculate extreme event indices and evaluate future changes in these indices.
We are waiting for a larger server to arrive at the first weeks of next year and if we can find funding, we could eventually extend the calculations for a larger domain within our CORDEX region.
Europe ( EURO)
- Organization of EURO-CORDEX thematic workshops (CP strategies, model evolution etc)
- Execution of EURO-CORDEX simulations
- Joint framework for model evaluation
- Contribution to FPSs
- Joint activities with WCRP
- Data sharing
- Uploading 5 RCM outputs for RCP & SSP run to CORDEX-EA Data portal*
* data portal : http://cordex-ea.climate.go.kr/cordex/dataDownload.do or
- AOGS2023: AS36-Regional Climate Downscaling and CORDEX: Challenges and Prospects
- conveners: Prof. Dong-Hyun Cha, Prof. Shuyu Wang, Prof. Koji Dairaku,
Prof. Jason Evans, Prof. Fredolin Tangkang
- date: 30 Jul-04 Aug, 2023
- website: https://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2023
- Participating to ICRC-CORDEX 2023
- Presentations on regional climate change over the east Asian region based on RCM ensemble with SSP
CORDEX – Australasia workshop 2023 (subject to funding)
Session at Modelling and Simulation Society of Australia and New Zealand conference (MODSIM2023) - Projections of regional climate change: from modelling to applications
Annual Polar CORDEX meeting on 4-6 October 2023 at Utrecht University, Netherlands
D-session “Regional Climate Modelling in the Arctic: Applications and the road ahead” at ICRC CORDEX conference, 25-29 September 2023 in Trieste, Italy.
Session M15 “Polar Modelling” at IUGG, 12-19 July 2023 in Berlin, Germany.
- Med-CORDEX on-line meeting in April or May 2023: scientific talks, coordination of the MedCORDEX-CMIP6 Baseline runs and analyses, integration of new communities (ocean
biogeochemistry, coastal risk management), discussion of potential new FPS to be proposed by Med-CORDEX
- Animation of a D-session at the 2023 CORDEX conference entitled ”Towards a CORDEX
framework for Ocean Regional Climate Modelling”
- Finalize the simulation protocol of the Med-CORDEX phase 3 baseline runs in line with
- Runs the first ERA5- and CMIP6 GCM-driven simulations with the Med-CORDEX RCSM
Middle East Norrh Africa ( MENA)