The 7th International Med-CORDEX Workshop was successfully conducted online on May 15th and 16th, 2023.
The workshop brought together 106 participants from 16 countries, primarily from Europe, North Africa, and the Middle East.
The workshop aimed to achieve several key objectives:
(1) facilitate scientific presentations and discussions to enhance collaboration within the community,
(2) refine the CORDEX-CMIP6 Baseline run protocol,
(3) prepare for the upcoming CORDEX ICRC conference in Trieste,
(4) explore potential new activities within Med-CORDEX, and
(5) introduce the new ocean biogeochemistry and coastal risk communities.
All workshop-related documents, such as the agenda, discussion summaries, and presentations, can be accessed on Zenodo at the following DOI: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.7941329.
The next significant gathering for the Med-CORDEX community will be the CORDEX ICRC in September 2023, featuring a side event in Trieste and various sessions relevant to the community. For further information about Med-CORDEX, please visit www.medcordex.eu and explore the Med-CORDEX community on Zenodo at https://zenodo.org/communities/medcordex/.
The workshop was organized by Erika Coppola (ICTP), Samuel Somot (CNRM), Bodo Ahrens (GUF), Gabriel Jordà (IEO), Fabien Solmon (LAERO), Gianmaria Sannino (ENEA), Marco Reale (OGS), Rosh Ranasinghe (IHE Delft), Florence Sevault (CNRM), Pierre Nabat (CNRM), and Emanuela Pichelli (ICTP).